Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is a summer staple in my house! Made with juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic and balsamic, it turns plain grilled chicken into a delicious weeknight meal in minutes!
Make the tomatoes the night before or early in the morning and let all the flavors marinate, then when you are ready to eat grill some chicken and you have yourself a quick weeknight meal.
The tomatoes are the star of the show, to quote my husband “you could serve this over cardboard and it would be good!” Typically served over toasted bread as an appetizer, we love it over grilled chicken to make it a meal. Serve this with some crusty bread to soak up the juice if you wish, or just have this over a great big salad.
To make this Whole30 or Paleo, leave the cheese out, you won’t even miss it!
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is a summer staple in my house! Made with juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic and balsamic, you’ll turn boring grilled chicken into a delicious weeknight meal in minutes!
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (omit for whole30, paleo)
- 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 cutlets
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 237
- Total Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 32g